The Carpet and the Drapes

Sunday, April 4, 2010

I get my weekly horoscope emailed to me on Sundays. I don't actually take the words as truth, but it's kinda fun to see if life's events in any way follow the predictions from my friends at Astrocenter. 

Okay, life never falls in line with the predictions, and I don't know how to unsubscribe. 


The writing staff at the email horoscope service (which is probably comprised of different folks than the actual star-reading department, yes?) is getting a little sloppy lately - in a manner of which their English teachers would certainly disapprove. See if you can find the problem with this week's horoscope:

Live it Up! Your horoscope - Week of April 5, 2010
You approach life intensely, Scorpio. On Monday Mercury in your sector of open enemies squares aggressive Mars and you'll come up against someone who isn't on your side, to say the least. Before you aim your stinger, consider if your energy would be better spent creating a new lifestyle for yourself. You may become a mentor to a young person on Saturday. Remember that you have a lot to give to others, and they can benefit from your experience.


Now I ask you, which part of the actual horoscope has anything to do with the concept of living it up, as stated in the title? Hmm? 


Shouldn't the title give a hint as to the main idea of the horoscope that is to follow?

 Sure, mentoring a young person and giving to others are nice and all, but "live it up" is chock full of connotations - jetting off to Rio, dancing 'til dawn, splurging for the deluxe car wash, etc. Where's that stuff in the text of my horoscope?! 

It ain't there, friends.
It just ain't there.

And I didn't even know I had a sector of open enemies.
Now I've got that to worry about.

1 comments:

City Dweller Suburban Drone said...

I totally have your back when you choose to confront your sector of open enemies. I hope they aren't big.

April 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM
 

2009 ·what now? by TNB